Sanford Health Plan
Sanford Health Plan is a not-for-profit, community-based HMO that began operations in 1998. Sanford Health Plan was designed to align physicians and hospitals, establish a framework for providers to efficiently manage the delivery of health care services, and operate on the strength of affordable premiums. Serving nearly 100,000 members, Sanford Health plan is a non-profit company providing health insurance in North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa and Minnesota. Sanford Health Plan also offers national network coverage to employers who also have employees outside the Sanford Health Plan regional network.
Central to the design of Sanford Health Plan is a collaborative effort between Sanford Health, contracting providers, and member representatives of service area communities. Each of these elements offers unique perspectives, and acknowledgment that health care resources are finite.
Sanford Health Plan offers
• Employer sponsored group plans for both large and small businesses
• Third Party Administration (TPA) services
• Medicare Supplement Plans and Medicare SELECT Plans
• Insurance for individuals
• Marketplace plans in the federally facilitated exchange