Until you meet your deductible, you’ll have to pay the whole bill for any health care you get. After that, you may have to pay a percentage share of the bill for care services your insurance covers. That percentage is called coinsurance. For example, if your coinsurance is 20 percent and your insurer’s allowed amount for an office visit is $100, your coinsurance payment of 20 percent would be $20. Once you’ve met your deductible, your insurance pays the remaining 80 percent. Depending on your health insurance and the specific kind of care you need, you may have to pay coinsurance or a fixed amount called a copay.